In anticipation of the upcoming solicitation and resulting contract for STAR CHIP, the Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) invites managed care organizations that would be eligible to receive the STAR CHIP contract award (potential respondents) to participate in a pre-solicitation meeting with Medicaid program, legal and procurement staff.
Meetings are limited to 30 minutes and will allow potential respondents the opportunity to:
- Introduce your company’s capabilities and service delivery benefits.
- Provide thoughts and recommendations on the HHSC procurement process.
- Provide input and recommendations on future contract.
The meeting agenda is strictly limited to these topics and there will be limited interaction between program staff and vendor representatives in compliance with the HHSC Vendor Interaction Policy (PDF).
Meetings will be scheduled Sept. 27 – Oct. 7, 2021 and will be held virtually using Microsoft Teams or an equivalent virtual method. After Oct. 7, HHSC will no longer discuss the procurement for STAR CHIP with potential respondents.
To register for a time slot, email PCS DEC your three preferred time slots and we will work with you to get the meeting scheduled. Time slots will be reserved on a first come, first served basis. The available dates and times are:
- Monday, Sept. 27: 9 a.m., 9:45 a.m., 10:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 29: 9 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 2:30 p.m., 3:15 p.m., 4 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 30: 1 p.m., 1:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m., 3:15 p.m., 4 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 1: 2 p.m., 2:45 p.m.
- Monday, Oct. 4: 9 a.m., 9:45 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 11:15 a.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 5: 10:30 a.m., 11:15 a.m., 1 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 6: 9 a.m., 9:45 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 11:15 a.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 7: 2 p.m., 2:45 p.m.
These meetings do not constitute a solicitation for proposals, a commitment to conduct a procurement or an offer of a contract or prospective contract. HHSC will not award a contract as a result of these meetings. HHSC will not be liable for any costs incurred by vendors in the preparation and participation in these meetings.
HHSC encourages and looks forward to your participation.
This press release was provided by the Texas Health and Human Services Commission.