Dallas-Fort Worth Hospital Council announces 2019 Board of Trustees
The Dallas-Fort Worth Hospital Council (DFWHC), a 90-hospital and 90-associate member trade organization, announced its Board of Trustees for 2019. The board — made up of 15 hospital executive officers — holds elections each year to determine its members, who serve three-year terms.
Audra Early, Senior Vice President of Strategy & Network Development at Kindred Hospitals, is new to the board this year, as Fraser Hay completed his term. Richard Carter and Robert Walker will continue to serve on the board as Ex-Officio members, and Jyric Sims, CEO of Medical City Fort Worth, was appointed as a new Ex-Officio member.
Charles Gressle, CEO of Medical City Plano and Medical City Frisco, will now serve as the board’s chair; Scott Peek, COO of Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas, will no longer serve as Chair, but will remain on the board.
“Our 15-member board represents a committed group of healthcare executives dedicated to working towards improving the quality of healthcare in North Texas,” W. Stephen Love, president/CEO of DFWHC, said in a press release. “They have a wide range of both veteran experience and youthful talent. We appreciate their commitment to helping lead North Texas healthcare. We would also like to thank Scott Peek for his leadership as Chair in 2018 and Fraser Hay for his dedicated board work over the past year.”
The full Board of Trustees for 2019 is as follows:
- Chair Charles Gressle, CEO, Medical City Plano and Medical City Frisco
- Chair-Elect John Phillips, President, Methodist Dallas Medical Center
- Past Chair Scott Peek, COO, Baylor University Medical Center
- Trustee David Berry, President, Children’s Health System
- Trustee, Audra Early, Senior VP Strategy and Development, Kindred Hospitals
- Trustee Nancy Cychol, President, Cook Children’s Medical Center
- Trustee, Dr. William Daniel, VP, Chief Quality Officer, UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Trustee Joseph DeLeon, President, Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth
- Trustee Jerri Garison, President, Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Plano
- Trustee, Blake Kretz, President, Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital
- Trustee Dr. Esmaeil Porsa, EVP, Strategy/Integration, Parkland Health & Hospital System
- Trustee Xavier Villarreal, CEO, Medical City North Hills
- Ex-Officio Richard Carter, President/CEO, Hunt Regional Medical Center
- Ex-Officio Robert Walker, President/CEO, Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children
- Ex-Officio Jyric Sims, CEO, Medical City Fort Worth