Release: Healthplanfinder Enrollment Spikes by Dec. 23 Deadline
50,000 Individuals Enroll in Health Coverage from Dec. 20 to Dec. 23
Washington Healthplanfinder today announced that 213,759 Washingtonians have newly enrolled in private health coverage or Washington Apple Health (Medicaid) since Oct. 1. Enrollments spiked from Friday, Dec. 20 through Monday, Dec. 23, including 20,000 new enrollees in Qualified Health Plans.
More than 50,000 individuals visited wahealthplanfinder.org on Dec. 23 and 10,000 enrolled in private health plans. Call center volumes, while increasing slightly since mid-December, did not see dramatic increases in volumes on Monday.
Updated enrollment numbers from Oct. 1 to Dec. 23 are included below. As clarification to earlier reports, the number of enrollees who have re-determined their coverage through Medicaid has been further broken out below.
Web and Call Center Data
Unique Visitors 1,007,907
Accounts Created 283,647
Call Center Volume (Dec. 1 – Dec. 23) 83,207
Average Call Center Wait Time (Dec. 1 – Dec. 23) 14 min
Qualified Health Plans 65,472
Medicaid Newly Eligible/Coverage Jan. 1 100,795*
Medicaid/Immediate Coverage 47,492*
Medicaid Re-determinations (Previously Covered) 88,271*
Qualified Health Plan Applicants – Need to Pay 69,606
In-Process Applicants 179,205
*Note: These numbers reflect enrollments and applications through Monday, Dec. 23. Previous Medicaid coverage/No previous Medicaid coverage split for Dec. 20-23 was estimated based on experience. Newly eligible total excludes 47,111 individuals who are transferring from Basic Health and presumptive SSI, programs that terminate on January 1. For more information, please contact the Health Care Authority.
Application Status Legend
- Qualified Health Plans: Includes individuals who have selected and submitted payment for a qualified health plan (private health plan). Payments are processed in the month of December.
- Medicaid Newly Eligible/Coverage Jan. 1: Includes newly eligible individuals who have qualified and enrolled in a Medicaid plan under Medicaid expansion.
- Medicaid/Immediate Coverage: Includes individuals who were previously eligible under existing Medicaid requirements as well as Washington Apple Health re-enrollments. Their coverage may begin immediately.
- Medicaid Redeterminations: Includes individuals whose eligibility is being converted, re-determined or renewed as opposed to newly determined
- QHP (Need to Pay): Includes individuals who have completed an application for a Qualified Health Plan that is awaiting payment due by Dec. 23, 2013 for coverage that begins on Jan. 1, 2014.
- In Process: Includes individuals who have started applications or completed applications that need to be finalized.