Health Net and Canopy Health launch CanopyCare
Health Net, in collaboration with Canopy Health, today announced the launch of a one-of-a-kind health care solution that combines the best of two of the Bay Area’s leading health care companies. Even more important, in an era where COVID-19 has led many large businesses to offer work from home arrangements, CanopyCare provides convenient access to the entire Canopy Health alliance of 5,000+ doctors, dozens of urgent care centers, five medical groups, plus numerous renowned medical centers in the greater Bay Area at an affordable price.
Get the latest state-specific policy intelligence for the health care sector delivered to your inbox.
“This strategic collaboration means Bay Area businesses can now offer their employees an affordable health plan with access to high quality doctors, local community hospitals and a leading academic medical center wherever they work or live in the Bay Area. It’s one of the many ways we work to transform the health of our communities,” said Brian Ternan, President and CEO of Health Net of California and California Health and Wellness. “By launching CanopyCare, we’re delivering Bay Area residents more choices and greater value whether they continue to work from home or return to their offices.”
Open enrollment can be a stressful time for employees. Providing a plan that integrates care through an extensive network of providers is crucial when it comes time to offering the right benefits to employees. With CanopyCare, providers have the freedom to help their patients find the right care across the Canopy Health network. This ensures members are provided with the right care through every stage of life. Community physicians and high quality medical centers are at the foundation of our network, they’re the providers that have been serving our communities for decades.
“Canopy Health has enjoyed a strong relationship with Health Net. We’re excited to launch a new plan that brings the high-quality of Canopy Health providers to Bay Area residents,” said Mike Robinson, CEO of Canopy Health. “Recognizing the challenging commute patterns in the Bay Area, we designed the Canopy experience to provide easy access wherever people live, work or play.”
CanopyCare delivers on this promise by offering:
- Access to in-network services within the Canopy Health alliance, of more than 5,000 doctors and 20 hospitals, across the Bay Area.
- A high-touch member care model, with 24/7 access to tools and resources that promote a coordinated care experience.
- Member cost transparency tools to provide clarity at every point in the continuum of care.
“We are proud to participate in this joint effort, and offer timely access to affordable, quality care”, said David Joyner, CEO of Hill Physicians Medical Group. He added, “Creating access to care through in person and telehealth options is critical to the delivery of care during this time. Hill Physicians is glad to be part of the solution.”
The CanopyCare network includes:
- Dignity Health Medical Network
- Hill Physician Medical Group
- John Muir Health Physician Network
- Meritage Medical Network
- Santa Clara County IPA (SCCIPA)
Medical Centers & Hospitals:
- Alameda Hospital
- Dignity Health Dominican Hospital
- Dignity Health St. Francis Memorial Hospital
- Dignity Health St. Mary’s Medical Center
- Dignity Health Sequoia Hospital
- Good Samaritan Hospital
- Highland Hospital
- John Muir Medical Center in Concord
- John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek
- Marin Health Medical Center
- Regional Medical Center San Jose
- San Leandro Hospital
- San Ramon Regional Medical Center
- Sonoma Valley Hospital
- UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland
- UCSF Benioff Children’s at Mission Bay
- UCSF Medical Center at Mission Bay
- UCSF Medical Center at Parnassus
- Washington Hospital Healthcare System
- Zuckerberg SF General Hospital
The new plan provides employers with more than 100 employees the opportunity to offer a broad array of plan options for comprehensive healthcare benefits throughout the nine Bay Area counties, including:
- Alameda County
- Marin County
- Santa Clara County
- San Francisco County
- Contra Costa County
- San Mateo County
- Santa Cruz County
- Parts of Sonoma/Solano Counties
Bay Area employers can begin enrolling for the CanopyCare HMO plan for January 1, 2021 effective dates starting August 4, 2020. To learn more or to sign up visit: www.healthnet.com
This press release was provided by Health Net.