Axene Health Partners releases report on California Hospitals
Axene Health Partners, LLC (AHP) has just released their 2016 California Hospitals Risk Outlook. This is the first in a series of reports on hospital inpatient care throughout the United States. AHP plans to update this information annually.
Key findings from this report are:
• California inpatient costs can be reduced by about 25% (i.e., more than $10 billion for the 275 studied hospitals).
• Significant savings potential exists for all payers
• Significant cost shift between public and private exists (i.e., commercial payers pay 60% more for care than the average)
• Regional efficiency differences exist with the least efficient areas being Los Angeles County and San Francisco County.
• The smallest hospitals tend to be the most efficient
• There is negligible difference in efficiency between for-profit and non- profit hospitals. Public hospitals are the least efficient.
• The most efficient hospitals in the state are identified.
About Axene Health Partners
Axene Health Partners, LLC (AHP) is an independent consulting firm headquartered in Murrieta, CA. AHP works primarily with health care systems, hospital systems, physician groups, and health plans, bringing to bear the combined actuarial and clinical expertise of our consultants. AHP actuaries are among the leading national experts in payment reform, provider risk, and cost model development.
Meet AHP President David V. Axene on Nov. 6th as he speaks on the “Honest Conversation About Cost Drivers” panel with Carmela Castellano-Garcia, President and CEO of California Primary Care Association and Dan Vincent, Director of Health Care Consulting at Moss Adams. Hold your spot for the event and come with questions!