Anthem Blue Cross makes temporary adjustments for members impacted by CA wildfires
Anthem Blue Cross today announced temporary revised medical and pharmacy guidelines to help members living in Butte, El Dorado, Humboldt, Lake, Madera, Napa, Nevada, Sacramento, San Bernardino, San Diego, Shasta, Solano, Tulare, Tuolumne and Yolo counties who are directly impacted by the wildfires.
The revised guidelines will help Anthem Blue Cross members who are impacted by the wildfires access needed medical care and prescription drugs. Members affected and in need of medical attention should seek medical assistance wherever it is available and have their medications refilled at any pharmacy. In addition, members in affected counties listed above seeking emergency and urgent services will have access to out-of-network providers at in-network benefit levels when in-network providers are unavailable due to wildfires.
For impacted members, Anthem Blue Cross is:
• Allowing members to get emergency or urgent care services from doctors and hospitals, even if they are not in their plan network — and claims will be paid as if they are in-network.
• Waiving the notification penalty on utilization management (UM) review of in-hospital cases.
• Suspending early refill limits for prescriptions and permitting members to have their prescriptions refilled at any pharmacy. Also, members who utilize mail-order pharmacy benefits can update address information by calling the number on the back of their membership card or 1-844-813-6561.
• Allowing replacement of medical equipment or supplies.
• Extending filing deadlines for claims.
These adjusted medical and pharmacy guidelines are effective immediately and will remain in effect through August 21, 2015 (unless extended). With the exception of emergency or urgent care or refilling lost or damaged drugs, members who are impacted by the wildfires must call the number on the back of their membership card or 1-844-813-6561 to request any of the above adjustments be made to their benefits.
These adjusted medical and pharmacy guidelines do not apply to Medicare Advantage members. Medicare Advantage has specific guidelines.
For additional questions, members should call the phone number on the back of their membership card or 1-844-813-6561. Also, members are encouraged to access benefits information through the Anthem Blue Cross mobile application.
About Anthem Blue Cross:
Anthem Blue Cross is the trade name of Blue Cross of California. Anthem Blue Cross and Anthem Blue Cross Life and Health Insurance Company are independent licensees of the Blue Cross Association. ® ANTHEM is a registered trademark of Anthem Insurance Companies, Inc. The Blue Cross names and symbols are registered marks of the Blue Cross Association. Also follow us on Twitter, on Facebook, or visit our YouTube channel.