Economic Disruption in Healthcare Event by UW Foster EMBA/Premera
September 7, 2012 - 2:13 pm
A conference on creating a sustainable healthcare system will be held in Seattle on Friday, October 26, 2012 by UW Foster EMBA/Premera Symposium. The event website offers the following details about the conference:
“The Congressional Budget Office reports that the healthcare cost crisis now threatens the U.S. economy.
Whether through market forces or government intervention, wrenching changes are ahead for healthcare. These changes will be promising for some local companies and painful to many; none will go untouched.
An understanding of the issues is imperative for every business leader.”
The event will bring together nine industry leaders and key perspectives including:
• Gubby Barlow “The Countdown: Time for Realism and Revolution“
• James Capretta “Impact and Challenges of Medicare”
• Lloyd David “Economic Impact on Provider Groups“
• Dan Fulton “Views from a Fortune 500 CEO”
• Rod Hochman “Economic Forces in Network Integration”
• Peter Hussey “Innovations in Healthcare Delivery”
• Edward Kim “Challenges in Hospital Financing ”
• Roger Perlmutter “Economic Challenges in Biopharmaceutical R&D”
• James Robinson “Purchasing Innovation in Healthcare”
Some of the insights to be addressed by these speakers will include:
• What our dysfunctional healthcare market portends for the state and national economy.
• Chief threats & economic forces facing hospitals, physicians, payers, pharma, device makers.
• How cost-reducing innovation can avoid government price controls and rationing.
• Ways to equip and reward consumers to make meaningful economic trade-offs that drive healthcare system transformation.
• How to reconcile conflicting objectives to create a sustainable system and economy.
• The imperative of consumer reform in Medicare.
• Employers’ central role in demanding consumer rewards, information & accountability.
Beginning with breakfast from 7:00 AM – 8:00 AM and concluding with a reception from 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM, registration is $65 and may be found at UWFoster-Premera.org. Register by October 1st for a reduced ticket price of $50.